Friday, July 17, 2009

Walking


Walking, I am. Tracing the shoreline.

Looking. Listening. Smelling. Touching. Tasting.

Aged stones. Barnacles grasping. Waves crashing.

Weathered remnants of silent stories untold. 

An eagle takes his watch in stately pose.

Salt glistening, teasing the tongue.

Blisters: unnoticed. The coast draws me on.


Walking, I am. Tracing the shoreline.

Every bay a beauty of its own.

Each point; new perspective.

Lines drawn of sand. Sunlight on waters.

Beguile. Charm. Discover.

Mystery; the journey welcomes.


Stumbling, I am. Tracing the shoreline.

Curious; continue. Trust. Wisdom. Virtue.

Efforts pressed forward.

Pursuit of the unknown.

Battered feet. Tottering. Alone.

Simple bough fallen; support to become.

Distractions: unnoticed. The views draw me on.


Walking, I am. Tracing the shoreline.

Looking. Listening. Smelling. Touching. Tasting.

Every dawn invites to adventure.

Minutes. Moments. Memories to hold.

Hours to days. Fables of old.

Wisdom of years. Trust of a newborn.

Apathy cast aside.                                          

Life. Love. The tide.


2 comments:

Kriss said...

I love this post Katie! And I love you :) Oh, how I miss you!

Katie Preston said...

I miss YOU, my friend!!