Tuesday, August 24, 2010

change. celebration. and the Stamp River.

A new day. A new dawn, new pages
a fresh leaf to overturn
I gaze at the swirls and ripples
the play of light so casually interrupted by foam
ever moving, taking new form

The water seems to breathe and sigh and sway
yet steady as the border, majestic, stands
jagged, they are, but in places smooth
weathered and worn, yet strong
the rocks stand unmovable as a guide
and I take refuge in a cleft
staring mesmerized upon the motion picture before me

Is this what I am to become?
The water guided so gently. A life surrendered fully.

In pockets the river stills
perhaps that's what You ask of me sometimes
in places bold and courageous
but still a soft direction holds...

In this small view, I cannot tell from where it comes
or where it goes
but this, I know; it is tangible
I can touch it. Smell it. Taste it.
Celebrate it.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Hey Katie! thanks for the comment on my page. :)
Shelby